Friday, January 6, 2012

My Mom's 50th Birthday

My mom, Kim, turned 50 this year. And let me tell you, she does not look 50. At all. We've had people ask us if we were sisters...yeah, she's a young thang :-)  To celebrate her birthday, we went to her favorite restaurant called the Brown Bottle. And since 50 is a big milestone, my sister and I threw her a surprise party a couple of days later (so she wouldn't get suspicious)...and she was definitely surprised! It was awesome! She's a pretty observant person, so I was glad she never found out. So here are some fun pictures. Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Her "red and gold" cake that my grandparents got her.

"Happy Birthday to You!"

Good job grandma and grandpa for creating a wonderful woman!

Yay! The whole fam :-)

My other grandparents also came! Heehee...they were giggling ;-) 

SURPRISE!!!

Haha, she was shocked!

My mom's best friends and my grandma enjoying some food. I was so glad they could make it :-)
So there you have it! I'm so glad we were able to make it a special couple of days for her! We also got everyone to write down their favorite memory of her, which was really special. 


And I promise I'll post on a more regular basis...the holiday season always just seems so crazy :-) Have a wonderful Friday!


Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment