Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My on-going To Do List

So, in order to stay motivated, I am going to physically write down my to do list for projects in my house...and I am going to put a couple on that I have already completed just to make myself feel like I've actually accomplished something :-) 

The nice thing about having a 101 year old house is that there's always something that needs to be improved...the bad thing is that there's always something that needs to be improved.  But we do love this house. It has so much character and has been a huge learning experience for both of us (and by "us" I'm referring to myself and Trey). 

Behold, the "list" (and I apologize...my pictures aren't the greatest).

To Do:

1. Hang new pictures in living room (and figure out how to attach hooks in the back of the pictures)
2. Repaint and reupholster bench
3. Have Trey and Dad finish making trim around doors and windows in kitchen
4. Caulk and paint trim around doors and windows in kitchen (one down, five to go)
5. Figure out how to install backsplash in kitchen...and then do it 
6. Finish floor trim in kitchen
7. Paint doors to basement and mud room
8. Finish making curtains for main floor (two down, three to go)
9. Refinish front door...or paint it...I haven't decided yet
10. Refinish front railing
11. Reupholster wing back chair! (yeah, totally scared to do this one...never reupholstered something this difficult before)
12. Finish painting stairway and hallway (I have half of it done...but I'm not tall enough for the second half...)
13. Hang photo gallery in hallway upstairs 
14. Switch up artwork in bathroom
15. Build shelves for linen closet in back corner of bathroom
16. Paint guest bedroom (same color as hallway)
17. Put new light switch in guest bedroom
18. Install ceiling fan in master bedroom
19. Get new bedding and decor for guest bedroom
20. Clean out Trey's office (seriously...it is a pit!)
21. Heat the mud room so the pipes don't freeze again this winter!

...and someday, awhile down the road, we will actually finish our mud room...but that has a list longer then this one all to itself.  My crazy goal is to get all of these things done before next summer, so we'll see how I do. The wing back chair I've had for over a year. I'm hoping it won't take me another year to actually get it started. And can you tell we still have a bit to do in our kitchen...although it has come quite a long way compared to how we bought it.  Once I get good "progress/after" pictures, I will show you.

Well, there you have it.  Hopefully this will help keep me motivated to actually finish everything! Because the sooner I finish this stuff, the sooner I can actually get started on the mud room!

Have a blessed Tuesday!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment