Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Summer Bridal Shower

In August, my mom and I hosted a bridal shower for one of my best friends from high school. Her wedding is in October and is going to be very sophisticated and charming, I cannot wait! We decided to go with something a little different from the wedding style...since it was the end of summer, we wanted to go with a playful theme. I don't have the best pictures, but hopefully you can get the idea...the bride loved it!


the bride with her mother-in-law and mom in front of all the tasty treats!


For food, we had cranberry orange muffins and mini chocolate chip banana bread muffins, we had kettle corn, colorful jelly bellies (that matched the decor of course), we had various fruit with some homemade fruit dip and we had raspberry lemonade ice cream pie topped with fresh raspberries and blueberries.


the drink station with some fun straws (and my sister)

For drinks, we had different flavored Italian sodas from Target (I believe the Market Pantry brand?) and then some flavored fountain sodas. And I bought colorful straws from a store online called Shop Sweet Lulu (that's also where I got the napkins, goody bags and some gift boxes).

enjoying some food and drinks 

I asked the bride for an engagement picture so I could set it out for the guests to oooh and aaah over how cute the couple is. Definitely was a hit. They are so photogenic :-)

a banner saying "love is sweet" 

I made a banner from some scrap fabric that said "Love is Sweet" and hung it on the mantle with some love birds (they're very tiny...it's like where's waldo, can you find them?).  I mimicked the banner on the invitations along with the love birds...I might share that another day...hmmmm...

the bride opening some gifts

Before opening the gifts, we had the bride answer some questions about her fiance...for each question she got wrong she had to put a piece of chewing gum in her mouth.  Don't worry, she only got 2 wrong.  Apparently we didn't ask hard enough questions.  And, if I remember correctly, the bride is laughing because I got her the same card as another one of our friends did...and this isn't the first time we've done that...and is was completely not on purpose.

nothing beats good friends getting back together (minus one...who is in new york...we miss you j.p.!!!)

Well there you have it! We had so such a blast and cannot wait for the happy couple to get hitched! 


Hope you all have a happy Wednesday!


Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment