Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Guest Room Dilemma

I am hoping to redecorate my guest room (right now it's all a bunch of hand-me-downs and some of my old high-school bedroom set).  It doesn't look awful, just not my style anymore...and it's a little mismatched. So, my thoughts were to find some inspiration and then buy/d.i.y things for (hopefully) a lot cheaper.  


Here is my inspiration collage:
Sorry if it's kind of haphazard and jumbled...but it makes sense to me. 


One of the first things I want to do is buy a new comforter.  I think that changing the paint and/or comforter in a bedroom can completely change the look.  I have the paint already (it's the same paint that we have for the hallway) so now it's time for a new comforter. 


The one thing I'm really debating now is...do I really want the grey striped duvet...(with the  andalusia rug from west elm...I'll get that eventually...)
or do I want the organic carved circles duvet also from west elm...
I like the simpleness of the stripes, but I really like the pattern of the carved circles.  They are both similar in price and they are both duvets. Since I have 2 pets, the white stripes might  not be a good idea...but I do feel like the stripes are a safer bet pattern-wise. 


So my question is...what would you choose? What do you think the pros and cons are for each? Please, do share :-)
Kristin


p.s. I did come up with a "mood board" for the organic carved circles theme...thing...so here it is...a little less jumbled.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin!

    Super bummed to hear about your arm!

    I have a duvet from Target: (http://www.target.com/p/DwellStudio-for-Target-Andalucia-Duvet-Set/-/A-12043067) that is grey and circles and patterned, and while I think it cuts down on the ways to change up my bedroom easily, I do LOVE having the pattern. It seems so comfy, cozy, girly, and fun!

    Best! Let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete