Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ISU Football Game

This past weekend, my sister and I went to the ISU football game vs. Kansas...and I have to say...it was AMAZING!!! My sister got 2 free tickets from her work for the Jacobson Building (that is at the end of the field right below the new jumbo-tron thing). We got to go down on the field, sit on a balcony that was right at the end zone, see the football players come in and out of the stadium, eat free food (which was delish!) and just have a good-ole time.  And, to top it all off, we won! It was a close game (13-10), but I like games that are close and exciting. It's not as much fun to watch a blow-out. So thank you Ashley for letting me be your plus-one! I had a seriously awesome time! 


 Right as we were arriving to the Jacobson Building, the team was heading out onto the field to warm-up. Well, lucky us!
 My sister and I in the tunnel that goes straight onto the field. We seem to blend in with the background.
 The jumbo-tron. That sucker is HUGE!
 The team warming up on the field. Check out how many guys have knee braces...crazy.
 The view of the field from inside the building.
 Watching the team walk through the building to head to the tunnel to go out onto the field. The guy with the white hat is the head coach, Paul Rhoads. He is an awesome coach.
 Right before half-time, we were up 10-7. 
 Close game! In the 3rd quarter 10-10!!!
 The end of the 4th quarter. We were up 13-10 with 51 seconds left...so they're running out the clock to end the game.
 Yay! We won! The team cheering with the student section.
Good ole Iowa State logo on the front of the Jacobson Building.
My sister and I at the end of the game. All wind blown and happy!

GO CYCLONES!!! Now we just need to win one more game and we're Bowl eligible! We have faith in our team :-)  Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. UNI beat Kansas, too. Except it was in Men's Basketball. Was kind of a big deal at the time, made all the papers, ESPN Sports Center, you may have heard about it? :-)

    ReplyDelete