Thursday, November 10, 2011

What's Happenin' Around Here

Today, I thought I would post about random things that have been going on.  So I decided number them all...not in any certain order.


1. First off, I forgot to wish my sister a Happy Birthday on Wednesday!!! She had to work on her birthday, so we haven't been able to celebrate yet. But I still hope she had a wonderful day :-) Love you sweetie!!!


2. We had our first snow on Wednesday. It wasn't a lot, but it still counts. Too bad it melted in about 3 hours...but it was pretty while it lasted.



3. Trey and I have been trying to improvise simple meals. Our first: homemade mac and cheese (my grandma's recipe) with sausage (that was leftover from another meal and we needed to use it up) and crackers. It was delish.  If you are a part of my family, it sounds a lot like macaroni casserole...which is similar, but not quite the same :-)


4.  Trey and I also made some italian herb chicken with wheat penne pasta and tomato basil sauce. Let's just say that it was A-MAZ-ZING! So good. We are definitely going to make that one again. 


5. I "manage" (I use that word loosely) a volleyball team that is in our city league sports.  It is made up of wonderful women from church and friends that we know through other things.  It is such a blast.  This coming Monday is our first night of our tournament play and we are ranked first place for our bracket! We are super pumped and can't wait to play!!! (This is a picture of last years team...so not all of the girls are the same...I will get a picture of the current team). 


I have a fun weekend ahead, so I will definitely be sharing pictures! Plus I had a fun craft night with some cool ladies, so will be sharing those pictures too. Have a wonderful Friday!!!


Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment