Friday, December 2, 2011

Holiday Slacking and Awesome Virtual House Tour

Sorry I haven't published much lately...I have been busy and haven't downloaded any pictures from my camera yet. And I think a post without pictures is kind of boring...so, once I delegate some time to downloading pictures, I promise I will get some real posts out. 


And, since I need pictures in order to make a post interesting, I thought I would share something I have become obsessed with.  I bumped across this house virtually via...well, I don't remember where, but it was probably pinterest...and I fell in love.  Being the residential-architecture obsessed person I am, I constantly think of house plans to build someday.  And this house is definitely going on my list as one of my top inspirations.  So here are pictures (and link) to this amazing house:


The stunning exterior.
Look at that amazing background...yeah, I think I could live with that everyday.
Awesome living room...love the exposed beams.
Other side of the living room. Trey would definitely love the animal head above the fireplace.
Sa-weet dining room. I love me some bookcases too!
Straight through the doors of the dining room is the kitchen. Look at the size of that island!
This is my favorite detail of the whole house - the farmhouse sink with windows above and sconces flanking the windows. Seriously cannot get any better then that.
Butler's pantry...just off to the right on the big kitchen picture above.
Family room with an eat-in banquette in the background. And I love the desk by the fireplace with the windows above. So quaint. 
The eat-in banquette. I would definitely sit down and eat breakfast every morning if I had this.
Cozy bedroom. Love the sitting chairs in there.
Awesome bathroom. The lighting in here is insane! Love it!
My guess is this is the owner. Sitting in part of the mud room.
The other side of the mud room. Ummm...yes please!
Home office. I would definitely work more often if I had this office.
I would definitely allow this kind of man room in my house.
Love the masculine lights above the pool table.
Gorgeous and manly bathroom. Yes, those 2 words can be in the same sentence.
I would definitely read here. Or take a nap. You pick.
Another bathroom. Love it!!! Those sconces just rock!
The entry. Sa-weet door! This would work well with our dog. So she can't lick people to death when they come to the door.
We'll end on this one. Yup, this would definitely be relaxing.
The designers for this house are m.elle design, a mother and daughters trio.  Kudos, ladies, for designing such a comforting house that definitely is not lacking in beautifulness. Yes, that is a word.  Have a happy Friday everyone!


Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment