Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

My family has this awesome tradition for Black Friday.  We get our Christmas Tree! We go to Wapsie Pines Tree Farm and love it. They are so sweet and nice and have wonderful trees. It's a great way to start off the Christmas season.  Plus we have a lot of fun goofing off and running around the place.  

My mom, checking out a tree...is it good enough? Hmmmm...

Ashley giggling...like she always does :-)

My dad and sister hidden within the trees.

"Now what about this one?"

Always have to take some sister pics.

I was giggling like Ashley does whenever she takes a picture - it means you get a more natural smile...I don't think it worked for me ;-)

Ahhh, kisses.

This is our tradition - to take a picture of me trying to eat Ashley's head...at the tree farm.

My dad ready with the saw.

My mom marking a tree in case we don't find one we like better.

Part of the tree farm. Isn't it pretty?!?

My mom and I.

The girls :-) 

My mom and sister laughing at my dad - who is on the ground. Poor guy never had a chance.

Nice work Fathero!

My dad and sister carrying the tree. My mom and I get the tough job of over-seeing.

Ashley's tree! With some floating head...haha.

Yes, she is very proud of that tree.

Family picture :-) (Minus Trey...he was hunting).

The main building with all of the shaken and bailed trees in front to be claimed by their owners.

Mmmmm...cookies and peanuts!

The inside of the building.

They sell candles and scented waxes...

...plus some ornaments...

...and wreaths and garland.

A picture of the side of the building. I thought the wood had great texture.


After the tree farm, we went back to my parents house to clear out the living room and put the tree up...and prep it for decorating!  


Zoe, my sisters cat, hanging out with the little Santa. They're buddies.

My parents cat, Timber. I'm his favorite. He's getting old though, he's 17. That's about 119 in people years.

The tree set in place, getting ready to put on some lights.

It's beautiful! Now for the ornaments!

Trey - he wasn't feeling well, poor guy.

The finished product, all of the ornaments and garland were lovingly placed on the tree.

One of my favorite ornaments.

Putting the star on the top. I've been doing that since I was...5? Maybe? I don't remember...a long time.

The glowing lights. Love it :-)
There you have it. Our family tradition. One of my favorite memories of the Christmas season.  Have you put up your tree yet? Do you have any fun family traditions for the Thanksgiving/Christmas season? Please do share :-) And have a wonderful Wednesday!


Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment